February 6th 2012
Dear St Peter's Parents,
I would like to start this mail with some apologies :
- I apologise because, as newcomer at Leamington Spa, I am French, with a Spanish "touch", and I might make awful mistakes, misunderstandings ... but I promise I am of good will, I'll do my best and the time and practice should help me to improve !
- I apologise because I have just accepted to apply for PTFA Chair (votes and decision should be formalised during next PTFA meeting, on Wednesday 29 February, do not hesitate to express your opinion, if you wish to, I understood that there has not been any candidate so far).
So I might ask you for some help for the various PTFA events in the coming weeks, months..!
- I apologise because I probably won't do as well as Claire did !
- I apologise because I have not kept any fresh piece of the "Galette Party" which took place last Friday and I am sorry for all those who were not able to come, whether for professional or personal reasons , or whatever. But as I froze the remaining pieces, if you still fancy tasting it, just tell me in the playground!
- I apologise because we need to prepare about 120-150 pancakes for our Pancake Day, just after half term (you probably got the information in your children's school bags and we will put a poster on the blue door, this week). As a consequence, about 10 candidates for cooking pancakes are needed and I would be very grateful if you could confirm me by mail that you are OK to cook about 15 pancakes for Tuesday 22nd February , 3.30 pm, as we will sell them in the playground on that day, just after school finishes.
I am looking forward to knowing you better, each of you.
You probably share my point of view about St Peter: a lovely blessed school, where children feel happy, staff is skilled and dedicated, values are solid and projects very exciting!
I really believe that we, as parents of St Peter's pupils, are very lucky because it is probably much more friendly, academically at least as worthy and definitely much cheaper than any private school. Any school similar to St Peter, whether in France or in Spain, would also cost a huge amount of fees. This is one of the very reasons why I think we should feel so grateful towards St Peter, and proud to help the school, each one according to his / her possibilities , timetable ...
Last but not least, I thank you in advance for your answer for our short-term Pancake Event
With my best regards
A très bientôt !